Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Introduction and Types of Digital Cameras

>My name is Erin Curtis. I’m a freshman here at Trinity University and my passion is photography! I’ve been taking pictures not for about 3 years and I’ve decided that I want to make it my career. This blog is to show people different photography works and maybe give some people a little help with there own photography.
The first essential to photography is determining the type of camera you are going to be using. There are many types but for my purpose I’m going to be showing you haw to manage with a digital camera. There are 2 types of digital cameras. The first type is a “point and shoot”. Examples of this kind of camera are, the Nikon Coolpix series, the Kodak Easyshare series, and Canon Powershot series. These are camera where you point at the object and trip the shutter (snap the photo) and the camera does everything for you.

The other type of digital camera is Digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex). These cameras work similar to a 35 mm film camera, but instead of the photo reflecting on a light sensitive piece of film, the photo is reflected on to a light sensitive electronic sensor. These allow the photographer to have full control over every aspect of the photo being taken, whether its shutter speed, aperture, or ISO speed (we will talk about these terms later.)

Once you’ve decided which kind of camera you’ll be using, experiment with it and learn the manual, it will be helpful! After practicing and you’ve become comfortable with the camera, we’ll begin with some terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment